The Jeffersonville Township Public Library is offering the Cultural Pass to youth this summer. The Kulturpass is an innovation initiative to promote arts and culture and improve summer learning in the community. The pass is valid through September 4 for one-time general admission at each participating venue. The pass is free for youth ages 0-21 and is available at both Jeffersonville Township Public Library locations – in Jeffersonville at 211 East Court Avenue and in Clarksville at 1312 Eastern Blvd.
Read off the beaten path this summer at the Jeffersonville Township Public Library. The library offers many entertaining and exciting events for young people and families in July. The programs listed below take place at the Jeffersonville Library site. The last day to register and collect Summer Reading Club prizes is July 30th.
• Family Movie Time is Saturday, July 2 from 2:30 – 4:30 pm Come watch one of our favorite camp themed movies. Cool off by watching the big screen, eating popcorn and having a great time. No registration is required.
• Teen Game Day takes place on Thursday, July 7 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. This month we start with a game called Tenzi. It is a dice game where you try to get 10 dice face up to the same number before everyone else. This program is for grades 6-12 and registration is required.
• Kids’ Build Day will be offered on July 8th from 2pm to 3pm. This program is for grades 3 through 6. There will be Legos, Strawbees, Keva Planks and everything else. Let’s see what you can build. No registration is required.
• Meet and Greet with Dorian & Dwight on July 9 from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm. Dorian and Dwight are two of the cutest pet rats you will ever meet. A family program.
• Teens Create will be offered on July 11 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The craft makes mosaic flower pots. Learn all about how mosaics work and how the application works. This program is for grades 6-12 and registration is required.
• Mother Goose on the Loose Storytime will be offered on July 12, 13 and 19 from 10:30am – 11:00am. Miss Liz looks forward to guiding the youngest guests and their carers through all sorts of stories, rhymes, songs and activities. This program is for 0-3 year olds and one companion. No registration is required.
• Preschool Stories will be offered on July 12th, 13th and 19th from 1.15pm – 2pm. Do you have children aged 3 to 5 who are looking forward to school but are still too young? Storytime is the perfect solution. Children go in alone to experience stories, crafts, and games. Registration is required.
• Tie-Dye will be offered on July 13 from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. Bring a pre-washed white t-shirt or socks and we have all the supplies to create your wearable work of art. This program is for grades 3 – 6; Registration required.
• Creepy Crawly Crafts will be available on July 15 from 2pm to 3pm. We cut, glue, fold and color through some creepy crawlies, some flourishes and maybe some fascinators too! This program is for grades K – 2 and registration is required.
• Teen Tournament will be held on July 16 from 2:00pm – 3:30pm. Breakout the Nintendo Switch and the Brackets; It’s time for a showdown!! We’re going to have a Super Smash Bros Brawl, teens vs teens, to see who comes out as the top brawler. This program is for grades 6-12 and registration is required.
• Respite Rabbit Village: Art exhibition and reception. Join us on July 16 for the opening of our new art exhibit with artist Donna Shaw and members of the Eastern Heights Baptist Church youth group. From 2 to 4 p.m. there will be a reception in the gallery on the second floor of the library. This exhibition is for all ages and will be on view until August 31st.
• Silly Storytime will be offered on July 18 from 4:30pm – 5:30pm. Are you ready for some silliness? Mr. Mike has just the right book to make people laugh, and Miss Janet has a craft that any creative child will delight in. This program is for K-2 students. Registration is required.
• The JTPLteen Anime Club will be back on July 19th & 28th from 4:00pm to 5:30pm by popular demand! Personal Anime Club picks up favorite games, crafts and activities based on our favorite anime or manga. Of course we will talk about anime/manga and maybe watch a bit. This program is for grades 6-12 and registration is required.
• Animal Tales, a live animal show, will be offered on July 20th from 2pm to 3pm. Animal Tales is a live animal show filled with facts and fun. Be prepared to get up close and personal with unique animals like you’ve never seen them before. This program is suitable for all ages and no registration is required.
• Relay races will take place on July 22 from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm. You need speed, you need teamwork and you need a sense of humor for the kind of races we have planned. We’ll play in the sun and get wet. This program is for grades 3-6.
• Teen Virtual D&D will be held on Zoom on July 25 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. If you’ve ever thought of playing, now is the time to do so. Who knows, maybe the DM will give you a secret or two to spice up the plot. If you are a new player, sign up to receive a message from the DM with details about the game and what you need to join us. This program is for grades 6-12 and registration is required.
To learn more about the Summer Reading Club or library events, please call the Jeffersonville Library Youth Department at 812-285-5636 or the Clarksville Library at 812-285-5640, or visit the library’s website jefflibrary.org . Join the Summer Reading Club online at https://jefflibrary.beanstack.org. We look forward to seeing everyone this summer!