The July 1st First Friday Gallery Tour will include 10 island galleries from Salvo to the village of Hatteras, with many galleries offering sales, demonstrations, food and drink and much more.
The day-long event is open to the public, and visitors can stop by one of the participating island galleries to explore what each landmark has to offer at their leisure.
A detailed list of all participating galleries can be found below.
Pea Island Art Gallery, 27766 Highway 12, Salve – Stop by and enjoy the tremendous creativity displayed in this wonderful gallery. Housed in a historic recreation of the 1874 Chicamacomico lifeguard station, this gallery represents over 85 local and regional artists and craftspeople. Stop by and admire the beautiful arts and crafts and enjoy the fun!
Hours: 10-5 252-987-2879
Kinnakeet Clay Studio & Showroom, 40462 North End Rd, Avon – ARTIST DEMOS
Resident potters at this pottery studio demonstrate wheel throwing and hand pottery methods throughout the day. Have fun watching Antoinette and Ruth use the potter’s wheel to turn a lump of clay into a mug, bowl or other utensil.
Hours 10-5 @kinnakeetclay, www.kinnakeetclay.com
Studio 12, 41008 Highway 12, Avon – CLASSES: PAINT YOUR OWN POTTERY
-Come on Friday (or any other day!) and paint your own pottery! A great activity for ALL AGES! Glass fusion and mosaic panel projects are also available throughout the week. Call the studio to see which class suits you and/or your family best! (Ask about their weekly yoga class too!) *Pottery painting projects require next day pickup.
Hours 9-3 252-995-7899
Swell Art: Gallery + Gifts, 46854 NC 12, Buxton – TRUNK SHOW, FOOD & DRINK, SALE
-Special Gallery Tour SALE – Mention the gallery tour at checkout and receive 20% off all gallery owned stock (anything not commissioned – that’s 90% of their stock!)
– Stop by and meet photographer and Pulitzer Prize-nominated photojournalist Don Bowers from 12th to 4th. Be the first to see what he’s been working on in 2022.
-Rodanthe artist Leigh Gardner will be on hand from 2-5pm displaying and selling her beautiful hand embroidered jewellery, wrist bags, pompoms and more.
-Wine and cheese and other delicacies will be served from 3-7
Hours: 11-7 firstname.lastname@example.org
Empty Nest Studio, 52193 Cardinal St & NC 12, Frisco – MEET THE ARTIST / DEMOS
– Meet the main artist of this fine jewelery workshop, Crystal Blackmon. She will demonstrate wire wrapping on beach glass at 12:00, 2:00 and 4:00.
– Kaitlynd Blackmon will also be on site making bronze shark tooth stud earrings during the day. Don’t miss these insightful demos.
Hours: 10-5 252-995-5605
Red Drum Pottery & Paintings, 53561 NC 12, Frisco – MEET THE ARTISTS, FREE COFFEE
– Meet owners/artists Wes & Rhonda who have been creating art in clay and color for 27 years. From Rhonda’s bright red drum design to the relief tiling and ornamentation they are so famous for, there is so much to see in this special art space.
-Check out the new line of jewelry from Red Drum – made by the artists themselves.
-Want to do yoga while you’re in town? Wes & Rhonda are both yoga teachers. Visit her at obxcommunityyoga.com to learn more.
– Mention the gallery tour during your visit and enjoy a complimentary fresh, hot cup of filter coffee from the onsite coffee shop at Wes & Rhonda.
Hours of Operation: 11-4 252-995-3686
The Blue Lagoon, 53688 NC 12, Frisco – MEET THE ARTIST, DINING, SALES
– Meet a special local guest artist, Ashley Tuttle from Sundown Clay, and peruse her fabulous collection of beautiful polymer clay jewellery.
-Special Gallery Tour SALE – Mention Gallery Tour at checkout and receive 10% OFF all ceramic purchases!
– Enjoy samples of Blue Lagoon’s gourmet chocolate collection, Bertie County peanuts and other refreshments from 2-5 pm.
Hours of Operation: 11-5 252-986-5065
Family Jewels, 56910 NC 12, Hatteras – MEET THE ARTIST, SALES, FOOD & BEVERAGE
– Meet lead artist and owner Wendy Sisler and view her beautifully handcrafted, locally crafted jewelry collection
– Enjoy some mimosas and sweet treats from 11-3
– Sample some tasty treats with Shaena McMahon of Hatteras Saltworks – made from sea salt harvested from the seawater along the shores of Hatteras Island. It’s too tasty to miss – be sure to stop by between 12pm and 4pm.
-Special Offer – Mention the Gallery Tour and get 15% off all Pearl Jewelry at checkout!
Hours: 10-6 336-782-1115
Blue Pelican Gallery, Gifts & Yarn, 57762 NC 12, Hatteras – TRUNK SHOW, SALE
– A special gallery tour pop-up shop will be held on site. Stop by and meet some of Hatteras’ local artists.
– All jewelry by shop owner Jenn Johnson is Buy 1, Get 1 Free when you mention the gallery tour at checkout!
Hours: 10-6 252-986-2244
SeaWorthy Gallery, 58401 Hwy 12, Hatteras – SALE
-Visit this magnificent gallery and marvel at its vast collection of North Carolina pottery, jewelry, gifts and paintings by gallery owner and principal artist Carole Nunnally.
-Special Gallery Tour SALES offered throughout the store on select items. Like all offers on this card, this discount is only valid for Friday 1st July.
Hours: 10-5 252-986-6510