Updated on Thursday 21 July 2022 at 5 p.m
Make the most of your week with our top festivals, events and activities this week in Houston, Monday 25th July – Sunday 31st July 2022.
Whether you’re in the mood for a laugh, on the hunt for sneakers, or looking for ice-cold beers and cocktails, we’ve got you covered with the highlights of the week.
We’ve narrowed it down to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check the expanded calendar for more Houston happenings.
Scroll down to find great things happening in Houston from Monday July 25th to Sunday July 31st, 2022.
above fifteen Festivals, events and activities this week in Houston
- Sunset Sweat at the Houston Botanic Garden | Monday 25 July – Gain after-hours access to the grounds of the Houston Botanic Garden for a one-hour Tabata-style strength and cardio class, held every Monday for six weeks, designed to help tone muscles and get in better shape. This is the second of six courses open to all fitness levels. $20. 19 o’clock.
- Encanto: The Sing Along Film Concert Tour at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Thursday 28 July – Disney Concerts is bringing this production to the Woodlands stage, featuring the entire full-length animated film, Encanto, along with a band on stage who will perform all the record-breaking hits like the catchy tune “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” as well as “The Family Madrigal”, “Surface Pressure” and more. $25 and up; 15% discount when used Promotional code BRUNO15 at checkout. 19:30 o’clock.
- Comedian Sarah Sherman at the Secret Group | Thursday 28 July – A new addition to the Saturday night live Cast, the comedian, also known as Sarah Squirm, has traveled the country on unconventional routines that have left her open to unusual comedians like Eric Andre. $20 upfront; $30 day of the show. 8 p.m.
- Houston Shakespeare Festival: King Lear & Cymbeline at the Miller Open Air Theater | Thursday 28th July to Sunday 31st July – On alternate nights, the Houston Shakespeare Festival brings The Bard to the Miller Outdoor stage and performs original productions of King Lear (Thursday and Saturday) and Cymbeline (Friday and Sunday). Times vary.
- Friday Night Fever: Beginner Salsa Dance Lessons at MKT | Friday, July 29 | FREE – KDENCE Studio takes participants through an hour-long introduction to basic salsa moves, followed by a fun 30-minute dance session. 6 p.m.
- Dude Perfect’s That’s Happy Summer Tour at Toyota Center | Friday 29th July – The YouTube sensations gather downtown for a night of their signature animation, stunts and crazy skits. $29 and up. 19 o’clock.
- Comedian Kurtis Conner at 713 Music Hall | Friday 29th July – With hundreds of thousands of followers on Vine and later on YouTube and TikTok, the beloved comedian and creator takes the stage at Downtown’s Post Houston. $40 and up. 8 p.m.
- Joined by the Houston Symphony in Concert at the Hobby Center | Friday 29th July and Saturday 30th July – Catch Grammy Award-winning artist, actor and philanthropist Common as he joins the Houston Symphony Orchestra to perform some of his greatest hits at the Hobby Center. $34. 19:30 o’clock.
- The market in Grisby at Watson’s House of Ales | Saturday 30 July | no cover – The Energy Corridor District is hosting the first-ever market in Grisby, a signature craft market featuring a live musical duo with Josie Arias, gift card giveaways for the five Grisby-area restaurants and more. 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Lowrider Houston’s largest custom car show at the NRG Center | Saturday July 30th – The NRG Center is hosting an all-day car show featuring lowriders, custom builds and vehicles, as well as a celebration of classic car culture. $45. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Frosty Food Rally at B-52 Brewing Co. | Saturday 30 July | no cover – Beat the summer heat with a chilly edition of B-52’s food truck rally. Vendors include Tiki’s Shaved Ice, Frio’s Gourmet Popsicles, HTX Nitro Creamery and more. noon to 8 p.m.
- Neon Garden with Nortec Collective in concert at Axelrad | Saturday 30 July | no cover – The monthly video game and electronic music experience returns to Axelrad, featuring a live performance by Mexico’s Nortec Collective. 19 o’clock.
- Red, White & Brew Fest at Fulbrook Ale Works | Sunday 31 July – Richmond’s first annual Red, White & Brew Fest features all day music on three stages along with food vendors, cool zones and plenty of local beer. $35 and up. 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Houston Family Fun Fest at La Centerra | Sunday 31 July | FREE – Houston family magazine hosts their annual Family Fun Fest in Heritage Square. Face painting, entertainment, rock climbing, crafts, bouncy castles and more make for an afternoon of fun. noon to 4 p.m.
- H-Town Sneaker Summit at the NRG Center | Sunday 31 July – Buy, sell or trade rare and collectible shoes as thousands of sneakers and other streetwear and vintage apparel hit the 2022 edition of the Sneaker Summit. $25 and up. 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Many more things to do in Houston
- Top concerts and live shows this week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars and personalities taking the stage in H-Town this week.
- This week’s top gaming and sporting events – Explore professional and select collegiate sports games, touring sports competitions, local fitness and hands-on events, and more.
- Top activities for children and families this week – Focus on the best option for families and youngsters in the greater Houston area.
- Current temporary museum exhibits and art installations in the greater Houston area – Discover the latest installations and exhibits on short-term display at Houston museums and venues, with a focus on art, history and science.
- More options in our calendar – Discover more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets and other options around Houston.
Save with the Houston Museum & Brewery Pass